It is usually easy to spot a meth addiction, although if you have just started using meth recreationally, you may not stand out at once.
- There are several symptoms which can help you determine a meth addiction.
- It is important to detect meth addiction as the rate of addiction is significantly increasing in number.
- Even if you start by using the drug strictly for recreational purposes, after some time you may find yourself caught in the addiction trap and it may not be that easy to get out of it.
Meth use is a slippery slope considering the tantamount extent to which meth users generally get hooked on.
You may already be in the early stages of a meth addiction. At this time you may not even be aware of what hole you are digging yourself deeper into. However, detecting meth use is the key to determining whether it is recreational or addictive in nature. Determining the problem can help save lives before it is too late. Take note that the earlier the detection is, the easier and more successful you will be in removing yourself out of it.
It is widely known that drugs have a range of negative effects on your body. The common symptoms that will help you detect meth abuse may be similar, including:
- Physical symptoms. These are easy-to-spot symptoms like dilated pupils, bloodshot eyes, injection marks, itching and constant sniffing.
- Quick Visitors/Visits. These visits are often short and done at random times which may note that a buy and sell is happening. A dealer may also pop up to just drop something off or a friend often visits just to pick something up.
- Sleeping Patterns Change. You may be sleeping a lot less or more than you usually do and nod off at conversations or stay awake into the wee hours of the morning. You may find it hard to wake up at the usual time or sleep midday. You may even be hardly sleeping at all.
- Changes in Appearance. Drug and alcohol abusers go through various changes in their physical appearance. You may notice that you are gaining or shedding lots of weight quickly. You may tend to look sloppy and disheveled even if you have always attended to your appearance before. Also, you may have some sores on your face and body due to constant picking on your skin.
- Rapid Mood Swings. Be careful of reactions that are against your personality. For example, if you are usually withdrawn and shy then suddenly becomes the life of the party, that may be questionable.
- Withdrawal, Secrets, and Isolation. Most addicts feel lonely and solve this by pulling away. You may be suffering from bouts of paranoia and increase your private time and whispering on the phone behind locked doors.
- Drug Paraphernalia. This may be an even more apparent tell-tale sign to confirm the use or abuse of drugs. Remember that most alcoholics and addicts generally do not admit to their habits even when there is solid evidence of use.
If you recognize meth addiction in you or someone you care about, you should know that rising from addiction is possible.
If you will be intervening for a friend, do not act shaky or nervous when talking to them about the problem. Be the one who can be trusted and be supportive for your friend’s struggles. Understanding and being compassionate with motivating the other person to seek for help is crucial towards sobriety. No one would want to be made to feel even worse than they do with words that are uncompassionate and assertive. You may easily achieve empathy and gain a sort of responsibility and agreement for as long as there is good communication in the course of the conversation.
Remember that the earlier detection of meth abuse and addiction takes place, the better it will be for you or your loved one to recover from the illness.
Take note that medical professionals have already defined drug abuse as a disease that is both chronic and eb relapsing. As such you should not be ashamed to get help as you are only trying to recover from a disease like any other medical disorder. There are already a lot of treatment programs to choose from including inpatient and outpatient programs to help you reach recovery faster and safer.